- main menu,
- footer menu,
- social (Twitter) feed
- static content for pages
- font face
- Changing font face – fail: Googled and it appears all I need to do is change the font type in a style.css file
, first fail was there is no style.css in the Bartik components folder, did find font types in the elements.css file, edited it, added Arial and nada!
Went on a module hunt, found font-your-face – installed, did not work, looked up the documentation and does not show up under admin/config/settings/user interface. packing in on the should’ve been an easy win and moving to the next item on my backlog.
- Favicon success – downloaded Favicon, installed and it has a configure link under extends, first module I’ve come across that links its settings/config page from the module description link from the Extends page (good UX, thank you dave-reid). Initially the .ico file upload didn’t work, thought it might be a cache issue, cleared cache (mysite/admin/config/development/performance) did not work, decided to try renaming the file name and wooHoo! it works. Decided to call it a day with a small win.
I took a screen grab of ‘Bartik’s block regions demonstration’, printed it and pinned it to the wall and added it to desktop 2 as a wallpaper – am sure over time I’ll know whats where but for the time being its proving to be a good idea.
- Twitter feeds turned out lemon squeesy, with a work around, Twitter widget in a block instead of waiting for maintainers to sort their D8 modules out, thanks Dakku. Five mins into it and job’s done, there is a now a Twitter feed widget on the site! WooHoo! got carried away added a Twitter search box on #peacebuilding and #entrepreneurship, two big wins in less than 10 mins, am on a roll!
- Next up was Social sharing, searched selected Easy Social, downloaded, installed, read the documentation, fail…. another 10 minutes invested into it… fail fail! should have quit on a win but anyhow failed fast enough to have some time to spare on other backlog items.
- So over to Footer menu it is. Added a bunch of menu links but not quite what I had in mind:
Its day 4, its shorter, need to stay focused on getting a win.. need it today.
- Decided to go with the contact form, was easy enough apart from the fact that I could not figure out how to edit the tables for the default form, that’s a ‘nice to have’ so stuck to the ‘must have’ scope and extended the default form as required with custom fields. It was simple, took a bit of toying around but did not need to reach out or Google any how to’s. its a good win, was quick enough so decided to take on a couple of one more task.
- #OpCleanup; decided am going to clean up all these modules that don’t work, err no uninstall button, its Google to the rescue, a little strange that to uninstall the modules I have to go here: /admin/modules/uninstall and there is no link to it from the extend page! may be I am missing something here. With another win and on a roll decided to look into this unexpected error I’ve been getting intermittently when installing contrib modules:
- Found a page on D.O on the issue and responded to by a colleague! hello Eric! but the details’way too technical for my current knowhow or lack of! am going to wait till 19th Nov, assuming Dev Desktop will see an update the same day and reinstall Drupal 8 and see if that changes anything, failing that will be badgering some of my TA colleagues.
- main menu,
- footer menu,
- social (Twitter) feed,
- static content for pages,
- font face
Did not get to put in anymore than 2 hours over the week, got to >80% of my backlog, broke through last week’s blocker, got stuck on something allegedly trivial, that’s a good week! Looking forward to week 3, I’ll be jumping in font first!
End of week 2 this is where I am at, not bad!
One more option to look on her packing at it levitra vardenafil it of course to take not so simply because a form another and there is a wish to hold in hand her not so strongly. You can carry by me on a wide field.