This is the second rendition of this topic within the Drupal Community, the first time I shared my experiences and journey in this context was at Drupal Camp Sofia, in Bulgaria in 2015. In many respects this is quite a circle for me, I have fond memories of attending a Drupal meet-up in Utrecht (long way from home in Kent!) in 2012, receiving a very warm welcome by the local community at OneShoe’s very eclectic offices and meeting the personality that is Michel. Continue reading
2017 was epic, turbulent, encouraging, phenomenal, hard, exciting, exploratory, reflective, transformative, fulfilling and a successful year for Peace Through Prosperity. Thanks to its incredible team, ambassadors and supporters. Thank you all.
2017 by numbers
- 9 month engagement in 11 marginalised areas of Karachi, Pakistan
- 304 male beneficiaries completed mini-MBA for micro-entrepreneurs
- across 5 separate trades*
- delivered average revenue growth: 10%
- average profitability growth: 108%
- and created 19 new jobs.
In real terms this translates to individual micro-entrepreneurs taking home an extra $142 per month. Their daily net (take home) income has grown from $4.4/day to $9.13/day. That’s not it! 19 unemployed individuals found jobs created by the growth experienced by the micro-entrepreneurs. An individual micro-entrepreneur and their immediate family benefited for sure, and so did their local community. Continue reading
Recent speaking engagements
- Outcome Delivery Conference: Outcome Delivery and Social Transformation.
- Blockchain Summit: Empathy Driven Product Strategy for the Blockchain Era.
- DrupalJam: Recalibrating Giveback, taking Open Source and cloud beyond Tech!
- Google Campus: Agile Entrepreneurs
- Drupalcamp London: Empathy Driven Content Strategy,
- British Computer Society, Agile meet-up: Agile For Peace
- Peace Conference Karachi, Pakistan
- Startup School: Agility- 101, Karachi, Pakistan.
- The Accelerator Network: “Agility and Product Development”, London, UK.
- Peace Conference, Karachi, Pakistan
- Agile Lean Europe (ALE), Agile for Peace, Sofia, Bulgaria, 2015
- Agile London Conference 2015, Agile for Peace, London, UK
- Transforming lives using agile – Scrum Alliance Regional Gathering, Bangalore, India, 2015
- London Project Management Conference, Agile for Peace, London, UK, 2015
- Keynote Speaker at Drupal Camp Sofia 2015
- Speaker at Drupal Camp London 2015
- Speaker at Drupal Camp Brighton 2015
- Speaker at Drupal Camp Ghent 2014
- Speaker at Drupal Camp Yorkshire 2014
- Speaker at Drupal Camp London 2013
- Speaker at Drupal Camp Leuven 2013
- Speaker at Drupal Camp Helsinki 2012
- Speaker at BAD Camp Brighton 2012
- Speaker at DrupalCon Munich 2012
- Speaker at Drupal Camp Dubai 2013
- Speaker at Drupal Camp Karachi 2013
- Speaker at Drupal Camp Lahore 2013
- Speaker at Drupal Camp Islamabad 2012
Links to youtube videos:
A short talk delivered at Google Campus London on the 3rd of April. It probably does not make much sense without the commentary but since attendees wanted access to it, here it is!
First and foremost thank you to all who made the time to attend my session on Empathy Driven Content Strategy at Drupal Camp London 2017. Thank you for sharing your time and perspectives.
This session was an evolution of two previous sessions:
- Using Empathy Maps to Better Understand your Jury delivered at Drupal Camp London 2015 and,
- Better understanding your prospects, clients, stakeholders and end users using empathy maps and personas at Drupal Camp Ghent 2014.
There is a difference between walking in someone else’s footsteps and walking in their shoes!