2017 was epic, turbulent, encouraging, phenomenal, hard, exciting, exploratory, reflective, transformative, fulfilling and a successful year for Peace Through Prosperity. Thanks to its incredible team, ambassadors and supporters. Thank you all.
2017 by numbers
- 9 month engagement in 11 marginalised areas of Karachi, Pakistan
- 304 male beneficiaries completed mini-MBA for micro-entrepreneurs
- across 5 separate trades*
- delivered average revenue growth: 10%
- average profitability growth: 108%
- and created 19 new jobs.
In real terms this translates to individual micro-entrepreneurs taking home an extra $142 per month. Their daily net (take home) income has grown from $4.4/day to $9.13/day. That’s not it! 19 unemployed individuals found jobs created by the growth experienced by the micro-entrepreneurs. An individual micro-entrepreneur and their immediate family benefited for sure, and so did their local community. Continue reading